Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just So I can say I told you so.

I'm going to say right now, before it goes to a vote today, I oppose the Economic Stimulus plan, on a very fundamental level. Because I just got off work, and I am tired, I will not go to deeply into Keynesian vs Austrian vs we-dont-have-a-f***ing-clue schools of economic thought. But I will say, history has already shown that the first half of TARP was pretty much hoarded by the major economic institutions it was given to, which in turn, used it to pay CEO bonuses and/or acquire rival banks and that was about it, which did the everyman absolutly no f-ing good. So in brief, I submit this, and postulate, that the government will give away our tax dollars, use it to shore up a bunch of major financial institutions which are "too big to fail", and leave all of us suckers holding the bag.

And just because I know someone will call me on it, I vote Democrat on social issues, not political issues. I'm not a big tent guy and would point out that it is the Republicans that got this ball rolling in the first place.

I will edit this later to beef up my stance.

2 comments:

Confessions said...

What!! Did anyone get that?

filoli said...

I am with you...and have other things to add...as well...I am putting together a letter requesting funds from TARP to be spent on the CA Rail and other CA programs that are job ready...