Friday, September 26, 2008

All eyes to the front of the class please.

Tonight I got to stand in front of a class of future EMT's and tell them about the night I died. Shanna, the wife of my friend from work, Chris is taking her EMT basic. All the students have to take turns giving presentations on the sorts of injuries they might expect to deal with at an accident.
Basically, I went for show and tell. Which is great actually, these people will probably be scraping fools like me off the street in the future and just might save someones life, the way the EMT's who picked me up saved mine.I got to give some brief background, or as brief as it could be, and Shanna had the unenviable task of picking just one thing (my many pelvis fractures) and talking about how an EMT should respond to it.

I'd like to think they got something from it and can use it in the future, and I hope Shanna gets a good grade. The life you save might be mine!

1 comment:

Confessions said...

sorry about the crappy picture! Great job on the presentation, though.