Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Last Season.

I just finished "The Last Season" by Eric Blehm. I realize that most people who read this book probably won't read it the same way I did. I mean, there are several people in this book who lived on the same street I grew up on, I was a Park Service Brat, I back packed in a lot of the area that's in this book and have a pretty good idea about how unforgiving the High Sierra can be. Randy was a guy who seemed to be pretty sure what his purpose in life was and yet when he died he was full of doubt about himself. This book was completely compelling and totally heart breaking.

Just writing this depresses me. Who wants to hike John Muir next summer?

1 comment:

filoli said...

So I guess I should read it. My copy is sitting here by the bed and I have been hesitant to pick it up and read it...park service brat made me laugh, I was thinking park service dill weed...