Thursday, February 12, 2009

Life is Grand, Part 1

So, without going into to much detail, its been a big week for introspection. And then I read this and the original inspiring piece I went into complete mental reverse. I have over the course of the last several weeks received what I can (and should) only call some perspective wake up calls. I should not be such a pessimist.

In five parts, because its just me and the kiddo right now, and time is short.

Part 1:

I'm still alive. Several different doctors have told me I'm not supposed to be. The lady who worked the desk in the surgery waiting room called me "the miracle man", and you know that's a woman who has probably seen some shit. I've had a doctor, who preformed surgery on me, walk into a room, shake my hand, and say in total disbelief, "Man you are one tough Son-of-a-Bitch."

My heart has stopped.




And the most amazing things in my life have all happened since then. I have not been sufficiently grateful. Life is indeed Grand.

2 comments:

filoli said...

I love 'genuine beer!'

It is one of my favorites!

Speedbump said...

Yea me too, unfortunately I was in a coma at the time. I'm still really not all that clear on what the story is there.